Looking after your health is important. On the day of your donation, there are a few extra things to do.
- Make sure you drink lots of water; eat a healthy meal and get a good night’s sleep.
- Having a salty snack and 500 mL of water before you donate is a good idea.
- Make sure to bring valid ID
- Donated before? Please bring your blood donor card (it has a full name and signature).
- First-time donating or can’t find your card? Bring ID with full name and signature or full name and photograph. We’ll then order you a blood donor card for next time.
- And you might want to do a quick eligibility check before coming in. Take our quiz!